At Cutting The Carbon, we are committed to respecting and protecting the intellectual property rights of others. We understand the effort, time, and creativity of producing original content and expect the same level of respect from our users. As a responsible organisation, we comply with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1998 (DMCA), a United States copyright law.
This DMCA Policy outlines how we handle allegations of copyright infringement, the process for submitting a valid infringement notice, and the steps involved in removing the infringing material.
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof, and you believe that any content hosted on our website (https://www.cuttingthecarbon.co.uk/) infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the DMCA by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed: Please describe the copyrighted work you claim has been infringed. This includes the URL (Internet address) or other specific location on our website where the material you claim is infringed is located. Include enough information to allow us to find the material.
- Identification of the infringing material: Describe the material claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, which is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled. Please provide us with sufficient details to locate the material.
- Contact Information: Please provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address so we can contact you if necessary.
- Good Faith Belief Statement: Include a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- Accuracy Statement: Include a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, you are authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right allegedly infringed.
- Signature: Your physical or electronic signature or a physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on your behalf.
Please note that under Section 512(f) of the DMCA, any person who knowingly misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be liable.
Suppose you believe that your content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing or that you have the authorisation from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or, pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your content. In that case, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our Copyright Agent:
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or a misidentification of the content.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in the United Kingdom, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
- Your physical or electronic signature.
If the Copyright Agent receives a counter-notice, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party, informing them that we may replace the removed content or cease disabling it in 10 business days.
Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider or the user, the removed content may be replaced, or access to it restored, at our discretion, in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with Section 512(i)(1)(a) of the DMCA, Cutting The Carbon will, in appropriate circumstances, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who are repeat infringers. If you believe that a user of our website is a repeat infringer, please follow the instructions above to contact our Copyright Agent and provide information sufficient for us to verify that the user is a repeat infringer.
Cutting The Carbon reserves the right to modify the contents of this page and its policy for handling DMCA claims at any time for any reason. You are encouraged to check back to review this policy frequently for any changes.
This DMCA policy constitutes part of our Terms and Conditions. Please note that information in a DMCA notice or counter-notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
We strongly advise that you seek legal counsel before submitting a DMCA notice or counter-notice. Please be aware that there are legal and financial consequences for fraudulent or bad faith submissions.
Please also be aware that if the notice does not comply with §512 of the DMCA but does comply with three requirements for identifying sites that are infringing according to §512 of the DMCA, we could attempt to contact the complaining party to help them comply with the notice requirements.
If you have any questions about this DMCA Policy, or if you want to report any claims of copyright infringement, please contact us at Contact Us.