climate & energy workshops: example agenda
- 09:30 Introductions and agenda setting
Goals for the day: improve team working, learn about climate change and peak oil, do some practical sustainability work, brainstorm your organisation's green plan and have fun.
- 09:45 What makes a good team?
An exercise to get people talking, thinking and working together.
- 10:15 Understanding climate change and peak oil
A session that looks at the facts, the perceptions and the myths.
- 11:30 Practical exercise in sustainable living
We might go foraging on a nearby green space or do a session on food growing in containers or learn how to make nettle pesto.
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Low impact people
Ten areas of our lives we could all change today and the psychology of behaviour change.
- 14:30 Practical exercise in sustainable living
We might make something useful from rubbish or visit a local green roof to see how it is made or learn how to draughtbust a home.
- 15:30 Organisations and sustainability
In this session we will use the World Cafe format to examine your organisation's green plan and see if, working together as a team, we can enhance it. The emphasis will be on closed loop recycling wherever possible.